This article will teach you how to be confident and happy. Two skills needed to enjoy life and be successful.
In life one of the most important things is happiness.
If you have a million pounds in the bank, are an “A” list celebrity or have achieved your lifetime ambition, what does it matter if you are unhappy? You won’t be able to enjoy your life and all your achievements, something that YOU deserve.
However, I know that increasingly people are finding it more difficult to just enjoy life. One reason for this could be people feeling less-confident and more insecure. This article hopes to banish all such feelings and give you a better, smilier future!
- Fake it. Although this doesn’t sound like the ideal solution it does work. In times of sadness or insecurity if you pretend to be the confident, happy person you want to be you may end up feeling better. I am not saying ignore your true feelings what I mean by this is if you tell yourself your worthless and depressed then you will be. However, if you act confident and happy then eventually you may even start believing and feeling it.
- Smile. I recently heard that smiling and laughing actually releases a chemical in your brain that makes you feel happier. If nothing else it instantly boosts your mood and makes you look more approachable to potential new friends.
- Be brave. Take on new challenges that test you. When you do something a little out your comfort zone and run with it the euphoria and confidence boost it gives you is remarkable.
- Be kind. Tell yourself you are a beautiful, brave, confident, happy person. If you think negative things about yourself it harms your confidence even more. Focus and congratulate yourself on the things you have done well, rather than beating yourself up over the failures.
- Attributes.Write a list of 10 good points about yourself and add one more good point to the list each day for a month. Every week read the list of good points and be happy that you are such a great person.
- Perfection. Always remember that no one is perfect, know that everyone makes mistakes and if your mistakes are in the past let them go. Live for today, not for yesterday or for tomorrow because if you do you will never truly be happy.
- Give thanks. Be grateful for what you are and what you have. Tell yourself you are fortunate to have the lifestyle you do.
- Grudges. Let the past be the past. Let all of your anger, pain, sorrow and regret go. It will eat away at your happiness and confidence until there is nothing left, but a fiery ball of hatred.
- Talk. Don’t shoulder feelings of worthlessness and depression alone. Find someone you can trust to talk about your feelings with. Admitting you are feeling low or that you need help is not a sign of weakness but of strength. Talking to the right person, if that person is a relative, friend or a medical professional they could help you feel so much better.
- Life. Sadly, there are things that will happen in life that you can’t feel good about, they will knock your confidence, this is normal. It is about how you handle the situation and what you end up taking from it that is important. Remember no one on this earth can be happy all of the time, it is impossible.
I hope this article will help you get the happier life you deserve.