A list is provided, describing various fun things that teens( or anyone) can do during the summer time. Have fun and I hope you enjoy your summer!
How are you spending your summer? Sleeping till 10 PM, relaxing in front of the t.v for a couple hours, playing video games…sleeping some more. It get so monotonous sometimes. You’re here because you’re bored, right? Well here’s a list of things that you, or anyone, can do to avoid a a wasted, boring summer:
- Start an exercise regime. It’s easy, makes you feel happier and you can feel good about yourself.
- Hang with friend. ‘Nuff said
- Volunteer. Volunteering is an awesome way to: feel good about yourself, help others, enhance your college applications, etc. You can volunteer at you local library, hospital, soup kitchen or whatever. For those of you who have no means of transportation and think you can’t volunteer, I got good news for you. You don’t even need to leave your house to do this! You can volunteer from home by micro-volunteering. There are many sites that do this and you help the world and others in small ways that have a large impact.
- Read a good book. Yes, reading. Reading can enhance your vocabulary, transport you to a different world, change your perspective on things, and reading books is just a lot of fun.
- Accomplish a goal that you always had. Everybody has goals, and even if you don’t you can make some!
- Get a summer job. It’s always nice to have a bit of cash in you pocket. It’s also good work experience.
- Clean you house(or just your room). I know, I know. Who wants to clean? Well, if you do you can make your parents happy and they’ll be touched by this random act (or suspicious lol).
- Get a hobby. Hobbies are fun to do and give you something to do in those mind-numbingly boring times.
- Sign up for an real or on-line class. O.k so I’m taking one of these right now. I saw some fun classes that you can take. Unfortunately I chose medical terminology and I must warn you, it is not for the faint of heart. I’ve got med words coming out of my ears!
- Study your notes from last year. This may sound stupid to you but it’s a proven fact that people lose 2 months of schooling during the summer.
Here are some You-tube video links to help you get ideas on what else you can do to make this summer a spectacular one!