Ever wondered how your day could go?
The world has advanced a lot in the past two to three centuries. But old superstitions haven’t yet been forgotten by all. Only yesterday, my grandpa screamed at me for killing a bee that had entered his house because dead bees in the house mean bad omen. So I decided, why not make others aware of how traditional some people still are.
Basically, superstitions revolve around luck, which means you can get lucky or unlucky.
Here’s a list of a few superstitions, in an alphabetical order:
- Lucky: Touching wood before flying ensures a safe flight.
- Unlucky: Flowers on board a flying craft.
- Lucky: If a baby’s first tooth appears on the lower jaw, it’ll live long.
- Unlucky: Babies aren’t supposed to look into the mirror prior to six month’s
- Lucky: Wearing your clothes inside-out by mistake.
- Unlucky: Doing your buttons up the shirt.
- Lucky: Seeing a white dog before noon.
- Unlucky: An unknown dog digging a hole in your garden.
- Lucky: Pictures or ornaments of elephants that face the front door.
- Unlucky: Seeing a real elephant with mud till its knees.
- Lucky: A fly falling into your food or drink.
- Unlucky: Catching a fly with bare hands.
- Lucky: Finding or receiving a pair of gloves.
- Unlucky: Losing one glove from a pair.
- Lucky: Putting coins at the foundation of a new house.
- Unlucky: Locking yourself out in your own house.
- Lucky: Itching of the right eye brings money.
- Unlucky: Itching of the left eye brings disappointment.
- Lucky: Buying three jars of three consecutive sizes at once.
- Unlucky: Dropping a jar from the hands and breaking it.
- Lucky: A kettle that can make soft whistling sounds drives evil spirits away.
- Unlucky: Boiling something in a kettle with its spout facing the wall.
- Lucky: A ladybug landing on your hand means good luck for you.
- Unlucky: If a ladybug dies on your head, your luck’s down.
- Lucky: Seven letters in a name.
- Unlucky: Thirteen letters in a name.
- Lucky: Seeing an owl at night, anywhere on your house, except the roof.
- Unlucky: Seeing an owl during the day.
- Lucky: If you buy a pearl item for yourself.
- Unlucky: Wearing pearls to an engagement or a wedding.
- Lucky: Changing the blade in a razor during daytime.
- Unlucky: Giving or receiving a razor.
- Lucky: Keeping some salt in the pocket or purse.
- Unlucky: Returning borrowed salt.
- Lucky: Finding a pair of lost tongs.
- Unlucky: Dropping a pair of tongs on the feet.
- Lucky: Opening an umbrella outside the house, during noon.
- Unlucky: Opening an umbrella in the house.
- Lucky: Getting a vase as a gift, especially during a wedding.
- Unlucky: Dropping a vase from the hand and breaking it.
- Lucky: Bride standing to the groom’s right .
- Unlucky: Marrying on your birthday.
- Lucky: Keeping a xylophone on a stand with wheels.
- Unlucky: Playing a xylophone for the first time, in a bedroom.
- Lucky: When yachting first time, sailing towards the south.
- Unlucky: Toppling down, below a yacht while riding it.
- Lucky: Zen sign on the front door.
- Unlucky: Stamping or passing over a Zen sign below you.