Sometimes we may wonder about the beliefs that are silly and superstitious. They change from country to country. Here are such strange and interesting beliefs from all around the world.
- An acorn brings good luck and ensures a long life
- Amber beads protect against illness
- Spit on the new basket ball bat before use to make it lucky
- Entering a frog into the house brings good luck
- If you see three butterflies together they will bring good luck. Or if the first butterfly you see in the year is white, it brings good luck to you throughout the year.
- If a black cat walks towards you it brings good luck; or it walks away means it takes away the good luck of you with it
- Sighting of chimney sweep is a good luck. Your wish will come into true when you sighting it.
- Finding a four-leaf clover brings good luck
- If you pickup a coin when its heads up it is good luck; if its tails side up it is bad luck
- A cricket in the house brings good luck
- Counting two crows brings luck
- To wear new clothes on the Easter Sunday brings good luck
- The pictures of elephants that face a door bring good luck
- Seeing an ambulance is unlucky. If you happen to see an ambulance you should pinch your nose or hold your breath until you a see a black or brown dog.
- Keeping a hat on the bed causes bad luck
- Always should get out of the bed on the same side that you get in other wise it causes bad luck
- If you kill the bee which is trying to enter into your home, you will have bad luck
- If the firstborn calf is white during winter it is a bad luck throughout the winter
- Lighting three cigarettes with same match is considered as bad luck
- Leaving a house through a different door than the one used to come into it causes bad luck
- Cutting of fingernails on Friday or Sunday bring bad luck
- Walking under ladder causes bad luck
- Killing a ladybug brings bad luck
- Seeing your face in mirror by candlelight and letting the milk boiling cause bad luck
- Breaking a mirror brings bad luck for seven years. To prevent it, you should run the pieces in a stream.
- To see an owl in the sun light is a bad luck
- Leaving your shoes upside down or upon the table is considered as bad luck
- Killing of sparrows and opening of an umbrella inside the house bring bad luck
Other Strange Superstitions
- Think the names of girls or guys whom you want to marry; then recite the names of each of them while twisting the stem of apple. You will marry the person whose name you were saying when the stem fell off.
- Cut the apple into two halves and count the seeds inside it. You will have the number of children similar to the number of seeds in that apple.
- The number of Xs in the palm of your right hand denotes the number of children you would have
- Blowing out the candles on birthday cake with the first puff indicates your wish is going to fulfill
- The sudden falling of a comb while combing your hair is an indication of coming disappointment
- If cows lift their tails it is an indication of the coming rain
- A knife placed under the bed during the childbirth will ease the labor pains
- Dropping scissors on the floor means your lover is unfaithful to you
- If a young girl sees a sparrow on Valentine’s Day she will marry a poor man and she will be very happy. If she sees a goldfinch, she will marry a millionaire.
- If you use the same pencil to take a test that you used for studying to take the test you will get good marks as the pencil remembers the answers
- The settling down of swarm of bees on the roof indicates that the house will burn soon
- If your right nostril is itching a female visitor is coming to see you or if it is left nostril a male visitor
- Keep a spider in a walnut shell and place it around the neck acts as a repellent against plague
- To sew a swan’s feather into the husband’s pillow enhances the commitment