So there are still closeted guys out there who still believe being gay is not normal. So much so that they hide their own feelings and even though they may not be homophobic, they are still in the closet and just choose to ignore the way they feel. If you know someone like this, here at some things you can look for. If you find a guy possessing more that half these indicators, he is most likely in the closet. This is not intended to be offensive at all, its just that gay guys have common traits that can vary depending on the person. How can you tell if hes gay or if he likes guys? These are specific things that hopefully are broad enough to relate to all gay guys.
1. The gay accent. Yes, it exists. The only reason people don’t bring it up is because people feel it’s a negative quality that shouldn’t be talked about. But it’s not. It’s just another way people speak. Most gay guys have this tone in their voice that is just kind of softer or lighter. Or just the way they say certain words, emphasize certain parts of the word (especially dragging on endings), or carry their conversations.
2. The way most gay guys walk is really identifiable. Usually the hips are kind of locked, they may shift side to side a bit. The upper part of the body has no indication that they are walking. Its kind of static as the legs move. Gay guys usually have good posture as well.
3. If you’re ever looking through a magazine, watching tv, or on the computer and looking through pictures of people, watch how he responds to when attractive guys appear. In magazines, they may stay on that page and pretend to focus on something else. Or while watching tv or a movie, they may ask your opinion on certain guys. If you’re looking at picture of people on the computer, see what pictures he comments on If he’s closeted, there will be a common denominator in these pictures. Hot guys.
4. Music that gay guys usually like is gay music. It’s amazing. Music by all the famous powerful women. It’s so awesome to sing along and feel the gay. The guys music taste can be a big factor so if he’s got some Lady Gaga, Britney Spear and Madonna on his mp3 player, hes secretly unleashing his gay when you’re not around.
5. Chances are the guy you’ve targeted to be gay hasn’t had sex with a girl. And its not that girls don’t want to have sex with him, it’s that he just doesn’t care to have sex with girls. If he has made that extra step to faking straight, then try and find out if their sex life is even successful. Are they actually having a good time having sex? Or does it seem like a chore every time and not something to look forward to.
6. What they drink can be a good indicator as well. Gay guys are associated with martini’s, cocktails and coolers. All the girly drinks. And they aren’t wrong. A lot of gay guys love their drinks that don’t taste like beer or strong liquor. A lot of closeted guys will try to dodge this by drinking those easy beers that don’t taste like beer at all. They claim they are “manlier” drinks than cocktails, when in fact a lot of those beers taste like juice. Wheat beers are what I’m talking about. The ones that come with the fruit on the edge of the pint. You can’t hide your alcoholic sweet tooth guys.