This is a list of 15 very interesting facts about Russian Marxist Vladimir Lenin. I hope you enjoy the facts!
15. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin was a Russian Marxist revolutionary and communist politician who led the October Revolution of 1917.
14. Vladimir Lenin was founder of the Russian Communist Party, leader of the Bolshevik Revolution and architect and first head of the Soviet state.
13. Lenin was born Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov on 22 April 1870 in the town of Simbirsk in the Russian Empire.
12. Lenin’s father was Ilya Ulyanov, a school inspector and his mother was Maria Ulyanova,
11. He was the posthumous source of “Leninism,” the doctrine codified and conjoined with Marx’s works by Lenin’s successors to form Marxism-Leninism, which became the Communist worldview.
10. In 1917 his Bolsheviks overthrew the Provisional Government in the October Revolution and began to implement Marxist (communist) ideas about how to run the country.
9. Lenin had three sisters and two brothers. His siblings were Anna, Alexander, Olga, Dmitry, and Maria.
8. In May of 1887 his brother Alexander was convicted and hanged for partaking in an assassination attempt against Czar Alexander III.
Do you like this article? You can write articles like this and make money from it. It is free to join and you can start making money online as soon as you sign-up. Click on the link to Sign-up with Triond.com and starting making some good money on the internet.
7. Lenin’s sister Olga died in 1891.
6. Lenin practised law in the Volga River port of Samara for a few years, mostly land-ownership cases, from which he derived political insight to the Russian peasants’ socio-economic condition.
5. He spent some time in internal exile in Siberia before being exiled from Russia.
4. In 1895, he founded the League of Struggle for the Emancipation of the Working Class, the consolidation of the city’s Marxist groups
3. After falling seriously ill, Lenin dictated his final notes stating the need for changes within the government.
2. Lenin died at 18.50 hrs, Moscow time, on 21 January 1924, aged 53, at his estate at Gorki settlement (later renamed Gorki Leninskiye).
1. He has been regarded as the greatest revolutionary leader and thinker since Marx.
Did you like this article? You can write articles like this and make money from it. It is free to join and you can start making money online as soon as you sign-up. Click on the link to Sign-up with Triond.com and starting making some good money on the internet.