A fun look at Halloween.
- Orange and black are the colors of Halloween because orange is associated with the fall harvest and black is the color of darkness.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with Orange.
- Turnips and Beets once served as the original Jack O’ Lanterns.
- Halloween is the second most commercially successful Holiday with Christmas being the first.
- According to superstition if you stand in front of a mirror at midnight, you’ll see the reflection of your future spouse just over your left shoulder.
- You can sprinkle salt and oatmeal on your child’s head to keep him or her from being possessed.
- In England, white cats instead of black ones are thought to be bad luck.
- Harry Houdini died on Halloween, in 1926 from peritonitis caused by a ruptured appendix.
- Burning a candle inside a Jack O’ Lantern on Halloween is believed to keep demons and evil spirits at bay.
- Put your clothes on inside out and walk backwards on Halloween night to meet a witch.
- Gazing into the flame of a candle on Halloween night will allow you to see into the future.
- If you hear footsteps behind you on Halloween night don’t turn around, for it may be Death himself! And to look him in the eye is a sure way to hasten your own demise.
- If a bat flies around a house three times, it is considered to be a death omen.
* This is just a fun look at thirteen Halloween facts whether they are truth or superstition, you decide.