Important information every parent should know about how CPS works and what motativates them.
There is a knock at your door and when you answer it you find a Child Protection Service Worker standing there with notebook in hand. She tells you there has been a complaint…….
This is the reality that starts the nightmare for thousands of American families every year. Here are 12 things you should know before CPS comes knocking on your door.
- All it takes is a single anonymous complaint to open a CPS file on your family, the caller does not have to identify themselves or in some incidents even offer specifics reasons why the suspect neglect or abuse.
- Once a CPS worker comes to your house they can remove your child even without finding any evidence of neglect or abuse. All they have to do is say that they suspect that abuse or neglect is taking place or may occur in the future and they feel the child is at risk.
- Once your child is removed from your home he or she is far more likely of suffering abuse than if he remained in the general population. Children are twice as likely to die from abuse in foster care than they are if left with their families
- Once your child is removed from your home, you have to prove you are innocent of any abuse or neglect CPS does not have to prove that you are.
- CPS workers, may manufacture or destroy evidence, lie and commit fraud all with immunity.
- Even before you case comes to court, and without any evidence showing you are neglectful or abusive the CPS can have you placed on a special list. This list while not evidence of criminal offenses can keep you from getting certain jobs.
- Even after your day in court and even if you are found innocent your name remains on this list unless you fight to have it expunged.
- Once your child is removed from your home you will probably be ordered to seek counseling, parenting classes, and other “assistance” under the guise of getting your children back. These counselors and other professionals are paid by the county and state and are not there to help you but to help gather evidence against you.
- There is no incentive for the CPS worker to try to maintain the family unit.
- There are however, 4000 incentives and up for the CPS worker to move to terminate your rights as their agencies get bonuses for every child they place for adoption. In order to place children they need children to place. These bonuses run $4000 and up per child.
- If your your parental right are terminated to a child, any future children you have are automatically at risk for being seized by CPS.
- Where once CPS workers goal was to protect children, their new goal is to make money for their agencies, the well being of the children in their care is of little concern.