Societal changes have occurred.
Corporal punishment is a physical abuse. Parents and teachers commonly use it to punish children. This has agitated many Human Rights Activists.
Image via Wikipedia
This punishment used to create fear in the minds of the children, which could be very devastating for their future.
Why did this kind of punishment arise?
I feel that introduction of this concept might be for the good of the student.
Recently, I had read some books on acupressure, in which authors have mentioned various points in our body. Pressing these help the person to enhance their concentration. While doing exercise, we press these points only.
Introduction of corporal punishment as a physical training for students who are unable to compete with others might have been the reason in ancient times. This will make them competent enough to survive in this world. Development of fear or embarrassment in the student was never its motive.
Today, meaning of physical training totally changed into corporal punishment. It creates fear and embarrassment in the student, which is a hindrance to the growth of child.
Hence, we need to look back into the past. Corporal punishment must be reverted to physical training for our better future.
For more articles that are similar, refer:
- Non Violence vs. Terrorism: Which is the best way to voice your views?
- Why Good People Always Suffer: Why is it that all of God’s havoc is borne by good people? A mentality which is normally seen among good people need to be changed for good. Here, I give some very strong reasons of why to change this attitude.
- Why People Fight?: A question whose real reason takes different forms in different conditions.
- How to Make an Enemy Your Friend: A must article for everyone. It tells the important way to solve the problem of generating enemies, especially if you are a good person.
- Tibet vs China: A real controversial situation with hopes for a peaceful solution.
- Mumbai Under Attack: What is main reason that terrorist attacked. Who are behind all these attacks? Which political parties are behind this? All things disclosed in this piece.
- Attacks of Terrorists on Mumbai-a Question to Politicians: With recent attacks of terrorist on Mumbai, I have a question to ask. A question, which needs to be answered to maintain the integrity of India.
- Rioters of Maharastra: For what purpose are these rioters rioting?