A survey was taken asking people about computers. Here are the results.
A survey was taken that asked people how many computers they had in their house. Each person voted only once and 36 people answered.
- More people had one and two computers in their house than
any other amount.
- The number of people decreased as the number of
computers per household increased.
- Only one person however did not have a computer at all
Here is another graph of the data for the above question:
- This graph can tell that more people had two computers than one computer
- Nobody had five or 7-or-more computers
- The average amount of computers per household was 2.06 computers per house.
I took another survey asking the same 36 people about how much time they spend on a computer every day. Each person also voted only once.
- It shows that more people spent half an hour on their computer a day than any amount of time
- The amount of people grew smaller as the amount of hours increased, but jumped up from 1.5 to 2 and from 2.5 to 3.
- Nobody spent 3.5 hours on their computer.
- Four people said they did not spend any time at all on their computer
- Each person spent an average of approximately 1.475 hours a day on his or her computer.
One more survey was taken that asked what those 36 people used their computer for. Every person asked could pick more than one answer.
- More people used their computer for playing games than any other subject
- 10 people used their computers for e-mail as well as research
- Only one person used it for news
- Nobody said they did not use their computer for anything
- Four people said they used their computer for work
- Three used it for homework
The last survey was taken that asked when people usually used the computer. The 36 that answered could answer in more than one category.
- More people said they used the computer during free time than any other time of day
- Many people also said they used the computer right after
school/work and in the evening.
- The fewest amount of people used it in the morning, during
school /work and never.