Do you own a gun? What is the brand name of your gun? Is it license?
Why do people buy guns? Basically, responsible people buy guns for protection – to protect their lives and properties from lawless elements of the society. So, what’s the most popular and bestselling handgun out there?
The handgun on the above photo is the bestselling gun in the world. It is called the Browning Hi-Power. This single-action, 9 mm semi-automatic handgun was designed by John Browning, an American firearms inventor. This handgun is a very popular military handgun and as a matter of fact – it is the most widely used military pistols of all time. Armed forces of more than fifty countries are using Browning Hi-Power.
It is known by a variety of names such as;
- HP or High Power
- GP or Grande Puissance – France
- P-35 – based on the pistol’s introduction in 1935
- Hi-Power – most common name/Belgium
- BAP or Browning Automatic Pistol – Ireland
This best selling handgun had been in service since 1935 up to present and had undergone continuous refinement. This very popular gun was used during the Second World War and more than 1 million units have been built since then. This very popular semi-automatic pistol originated in Belgium and in the United States
Other features of Browning Hi-Power
- Length: 197 mm
- Barrel Length: 118 mm
- Weight 1.0 kg
- Cartridge: 7.65×21mm Parabellum, 9×19mm Parabellum, 40 S&W
- Effective Range: 50 meters
- Muzzle Velocity: 335 m/s
- Feed System: 13 rounds (9mm), 10 rounds (.40 S&W)