Cracking your knuckles does not actually hurt your bones? You can’t hum while your nose is closed? There was a horse the size of a dog? There are many more interesting facts to be read.
1. You’re more likely to die on your way to buy a lottery ticket than you are to actually win the lottery.
2. If you touch your tongue while yawning, it can stop the yawn.
3. Women speak about 7000 words a day. The average man averages just over 2000.
4. ‘Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia’ is the fear of long words.
5. Jellyfish evaporate in the sun. They’re 98% water.
6. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
7. When a person is tickled, the response is actually a form of panic, as the brain interprets the tickling sensation as produced by spiders or other creepy crawlies on your skin – the uncontrollable laughter is a response to panic.
8. Those stars and colours you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.
9. Yawning is contagious – even thinking about yawning is enough. After reading this fact, there is a 50% chance you will yawn.
10. The total weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the weight of all the humans on earth.
11. Grapes EXPLODE when you put them in the microwave!
12. A Rubik’s cube has 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 possible configurations.
13. In Japan they have square watermelons.
14. When you kiss someone for a minute, you both burn about 2.6 calories.
15. An elephant can die from a broken heart.
16. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
17. ‘racecar’ is spelled the same forwards and backwards.
18. Laughter is extremely difficult to control consciously. Most people cannot laugh on command.
19. 2% of Earth’s people have red hair.
20. ‘Dreamt’ is the ONLY WORD in the entire English language that ends in the letters ‘mt’.
21. India has MORE cellphones than TOILETS.
22. ‘Dysania’ is the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
23. When you put a seashell next to your ear, it’s the sound of your blood surging in your veins, not the ocean.
24. When a person is deprived of sleep, parts of their brain may actually “fall asleep” while they are awake!
25. Only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is a star.
26. Oysters can change genders back and forth.
27. A 2-year-old who died in Italy in 1920 has been perfectly preserved to this day.
28. Ringing in your ears is caused by your brain attempting to repair itself and failing.
29. British publishers delayed the release of the third Harry Potter book so kids wouldn’t skip school.
30. The Bible is the number one most shoplifted book of all time.
31. Breathing the air in Mumbai, India for just ONE DAY, is equivalent to smoking 2.5 packs of cigarettes.
32. According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.
33. Make a fist with your left hand, squeeze your left thumb, then put your right index finger down your throat. NO GAG REFLEX.
34. Beavers used to be the size of bears.
35. The longest English word, at 45 letters, is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’
36. If you walk and talk with someone, eventually you will synchronize your steps with each other.
37. In 2010, at exactly 06 minutes and 07 seconds after 5 o’clock on August 9th it has been 05:06:07 08/09/10. This will not happen again until the year 3010
38. People who laugh a lot are much healthier than those who don’t.
39. McDonald’s SALADS are more fattening than their burgers.
40. India has more honor roll students than America HAS students.
41. Blueberries are purple!
42. Never miss a high-five again! Look at the other person’s elbow first.
43. Albert Einstein left his first wife for his COUSIN.
44. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different!
45. The female praying mantis RIPS OFF THE MALE’S HEAD when mating!
46. A strawberry is not an actual berry, but a banana is.
47. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing their hands in Jello.
48. Having blue eyes is actually a mutation. Before the mutation occurred, all humans had brown eyes.
49. Alligators can go without food for up to 3 years!
50. There were cars developed to run on wood!