Laws are an essential part of the United States government, or any government for that matter. However, there are some laws that are just so out there, they deserve to be on my list of Stupid Laws. Please note that many of these laws are no longer in effect.
01. In Reno, Nevada, it is illegal to lie down on the sidewalk for any period of time.
02. In Indiana, it is illegal for anyone 14 and up to profanely curse, damn, or swear to God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Ghost.
03. In Jefferson Parish, it is illegal to pour a drink on the ground of a drive-in theatre.
04. In Eagle, Idaho, it is illegal for a person to sweep dirt from ones house into the street.
05. In Cheyenne, Wyoming, it is illegal to spit on the steps of a school building.
06. In Nome, Alaska, it is illegal to roam the streets with bow and arrows.
07. In Arizona, it is illegal to sell “imitation cocaine”.
08. In Wyoming, it is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs a person’s view in a public theatre or place of amusement.
09. In Boulder, Colorado, boulders may not be rolled onto the city property.
10. In West Virginia, it is illegal to have sex with an animal as long as that animal does not exceed 40 lbs.
11. In Maine, you will receive a fine for having Christmas decorations still up after January 14th.
12. In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 2,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
13. In Louisiana, every time somebody is burned, he or she must report it to the fire marshal.
14. In Arizona, there is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.
15. In Indiana, it is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
16. In Colorado, no liquor may be sold on Sundays or election days.
17. In Delaware, “R” rated movies are not allowed to be played at drive-in movie theatres.
18. In West Virginia, unmarried couples who are living together and “lewdly associate” with one another may face up to a year in prison.
19. In Alhambra, California, you may not leave your car parked in the street overnight without the proper permit.
20. In Arizona, hunting camels is against the law.
21. In West Virginia, the public act of swearing has a fine of one dollar.
22. In Topeka, Kansas, it is illegal to drive ones car through a parade.
23. In Alaska, waking a sleeping bear to take pictures is prohibited.
24. In Bettendorf, Iowa, liquor stores may not have advertisements for alcoholic beverages outside the store.
25. In Kentucky, throwing eggs at a public speaker could result in up to 1 year in prison.