These are really strange and funny laws which are still around today. Hope you enjoy.
Hilariously Weird Laws of England
Well… England has always had a lot of history, especially when it comes to dealing with other countries, that’s why some of these laws do include the rest of Britain. The reason these laws are still around is simply because it is too much effort to erase them, it is a lengthy process involving 4 stages of approval.
There are a lot of these funny laws still about too many to mention, so I am going to include 10 of the ones I think are the funniest. Sit back and let history teach you…hehe.
- Eating mince pies on Christmas Day is illegal throughout England. Oops! Lock me up, maybe the only day where pretty much everybody will break the law.
- If a postage stamp with the Queens head on is placed upside down it is counted as Treason, which still carries the death penalty. Hmm do you think the Queen knows of this law?
- In the lovely place which is York it is still legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow, on all days except Sundays. The Scottish best stay away.
- It is still very much legal to shoot a Welshman with a crossbow, only after midnight and if done within the city walls. Hmm looks like the Welsh should stay away too.
- It is very illegal to stand within one hundred yards of a ruling Monarch if you are not wearing any socks. What is they smell really bad dose that count.
- It is illegal for an MP to enter Parliament, wearing a suit of armour, this obviously stops duels from happening. Doesn’t seem to stop the shouting though.
- Interestingly enough it is illegal to die within the houses of Parliament. What’s the court hearing going to be like if that happens?
- The law allows any pregnant women to relieve themselves in public. The law sure is disgusting.
- It is illegal to wrestle an untrained bull in public. I would certainly like to ask them why they would want too.
- It is against the law to allow your pet to get it on with any pet of the Royal House. This carries the death penalty and you will be executed. Not your pet YOU!.
That’s the ten, but I do have one more which I think is hilarious.
It is in fact illegal in Ireland for Bee’s to trespass. Yes that’s right those insects which fly around everywhere. I would certainly like to meet the person who is able to train Bee’s to intentionally trespass.