It’s not legal to shoot buffalo from a second story window in Texas, but what about the third of fourth stories?
America has some serious issues when it comes to laws, such as “you are not allowed to spit on the deck of ones house; the penalty is death by hanging”. This is no longer a law (thank goodness), or I wouldn’t be standing today. There are, however, still several bogus laws to be broken. I would love to go on a rampage breaking them, but I will refrain for fear of my life.
- It is okay for women to walk topless down the street, as long as it isn’t for business reasons, but you are not allowed to wear tight clothing.
- The penalty for jumping off a building is… death.
- You are not allowed to walk down the road on Sundays with an ice cream cone in your pocket. (I will make sure to avoid that one)
- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any target from a moving vehicle, unless it just so happens to be a whale.
- An unmanned vehicle may not exceed the speed limit of 60 mph.
- In Chico, it is illegal to bowl on the sidewalk.
- In Blythe, it is illegal for you to wear cowboy boots, unless you own two or more cows.
- It is illegal to sell one’s eye.
- It is unlawful to shoot game (buffalo in particular) from the second story of a hotel.
- A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
- The encyclopedia of Britannica is banned, because it explains how to make homemade beer.
- You may not drive a camel on the highway.
- It is legal to hang someone who shoots your dog on your property.
- In Elko, everyone out on the streets is required to wear a mask.
- It is illegal for women to parachute on Sunday.
- Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
- Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
- If an elephant is tied to a parking meter, its fee will be as though it were a car.
Believe it or not, I have barely scratched the surface. Just remember, if you are driving down the road and you throw your gum out the window, it might land you a $600 dollar fine!