These impulsive and interesting things are really something out of the ordinary, Have you done one in the last 10 years?
Sometimes I sit at my computer till I feel like my brain is about to explode but I have nothing else to do so I keep on sitting…
Here is that something else
- Take a power nap: This quick 20-30 minute nap will revitalize your bloodshot eyes relieve your computer induced headache and prepare you for the rest of this list. Remember to set an alarm!
- Rediscover the wonder of detail: Go outside and look at something very closely, you can use a magnifying glass if you have one but even without one your eyes will do fine. Look at a bug or small plant.
- Get into an intellectual argument: find a Friend or family member, take up opposing standpoints and argue. This is a great intellectual stimulant! Remember to keep cool and calm, stop the argument if it becomes too heated.
- Create something: Grab a bit of glue and a box of matches and see what you can come up with
- Observe the wonders of the sky: Go outside, lie on your back and look at the stars or clouds (depending on the time of course), if it is overcast or cloudless listen to the birds or sounds of the night
- Use your imagination: Close your eyes and go on a flight of fantasy and fun. This may take a bit of practice if you’ve been made numb by worldly worries or if it’s been years since you’ve last done this. I love to skydive, snorkel or float around in zero gravity.
- Get up and take a long stretch: Aaaah! Don’t you just love that?
- Make a fire: Oh! How I love to sit by a fire, to peer deep into its amber core, into its dancing tongues
- Shout as loud as you can: Find somewhere where no one will see you and shout with everything you’ve got. What a stress reliever! Its fun to yell “can anyone hear me?” or a similar question and sometimes get a reply. Have a long distance “yell-versation” with an anonymous person. Just be careful not to let people think you’re being murdered, you can try and find a deserted open place.
- Make music: Use cans bottles with water pots and anything else you can find. If you experiment long enough and practice a bit you can really play something impressive. It’s not as hard as you might think nor as childish.
Now go along and have some fun before your eyes become square and your brain shrivels up like a raisin!
Feel like a kid again.