Men have been wondering how to please their wives. This might give them a little insight into what makes us (the wives) happy.
I know that you married or committed (not to a mental hospital, but to a beautiful woman) men out there sometimes need a little help when it comes to understanding women. Well, here’s your chance and the time is now. Stop guessing what we want from you. Read on….
- We do love to receive flowers, balloons, or gifts on a special ocassion such as a birthday, anniversary, or after a great date. Never ask if we would like flowers, etc. That’s like us asking you if you would like to go watch the game with your friends. You’re not going to say no and either is she.
- When you see 2 or 3 trash bags piling up in the kitchen, please offer to take them out instead of just staring at them when you walk by. Your wife ( and very busy mother of your children) probably hasn’t had a chance to take them out.
- Don’t take your wife for granted. Learn to appreciate the little things she does. She’ll treat you nicer and will be in a way better mood when she feels appreciated.
- Don’t assume that “going out” (without the kids) means going to get a quick burger and beer. It may be what you like, but she may be in the mood for something a little nicer.
- Be courteous and don’t always blast your favorite music in the car. You might like the country favorites radio station but she may want to listen to some 80’s music. Don’s assume. Ask.
- Don’t treat your female co-workers better than your wife. You may laugh with them, share jokes, go out to lunch, and work on the same long projects with short deadlines with them but, who puts up with your terrible, short-tempered mood when you get home? It’s not your co-workers, its your wife.
- If you have children, offer to watch them one night out of the week so she can have some time to herself to catch up with her friends, grab a coffee, or just relax.
- Compliment your wife in what she’s wearing, her new haircut, or how great her legs look in that skirt. Always gear your compliment towards her, not on what she’s wearing. For example, say “I love how you look in that new dress” instead of “I love your new dress”.
- If you see more than 10 dirty dishes in the sink, please offer to help wash them. But you need to say it like this.” Honey, would you like some help with the dishes? I can wash them so you can have more time to make dinner.” Or you can offer to make dinner while she washes the dishes. Don’t just waltz into the kitchen and start all the clatter of pots and pans as they are being washed. You’ll sound frustrated and upset at the fact that there are dirty dishes that you have to wash. This makes a wife feel unappreciated, resentful, and ready to strike back at any comment that you will have about the dishes.
- Please pick up after yourself. Don’t leave a dirty glass or plate on the floor by the recliner you were sitting on while watching the game. Kindly put them in the sink (or dishwasher) on one of your many beer trips to the refrigerator. Also, don’t leave your dirty clothes on the floor by the shower. Pick them up and place them in the hamper.
- Offer to take the car to get it’s timely oil change. Do this especially if you have kids. It is very difficult to sit and wait in a strange place for an hour and a half with two hyper children and a baby.
- Offer to run errands for her when she doesn’t have time to. Take the pants to the cleaners, the DVDs back to the rental store, and do some grocery shopping if necessary.
Believe me, guys, any little bit of help goes a long way. Your wife will truly love you for it!