Younger men are increasingly attracted to older women for more reasons than we are willing to admit. From their caring nature to having more money, older women seem to have much more to give younger men, and for this reason younger women are losing out and wondering where all the good men must have gone. Whether we accept or condemn them, these unions have become a permanent feature of our lopsided society.
You must have come across men aged in their twenties falling for older women of sixty or seventy years. Many such marriages have taken place with societies frowning upon them, distancing themselves or even condemning the couples involved. Who should we blame? The younger men who see something in older women that isn’t in younger women or the old women who find solace and even thrill in younger men? Whichever generation you side with, younger men will still look out for older women till the end of time. Why do they prefer older women?
- Older women are caring – Younger men see an extension of a mother they might have never had. Psychologists call it fixation. Most young men who fall in love or pretend to fall in love with older women happen to be in search of the mother they never had. Maybe parents separated or divorced or the mother died at a younger age and those psychological needs remained unsatisfied, this could contribute a lot to this fatal attraction which society frowns upon more often than not.
- Older women are experienced lovers – They have seen it all and have done it too. Their estrogen levels are lower now but the experience they have accumulated over the years can not be written off. They know when to talk, they know when to listen, and they know where to touch and are not shy to reveal what works for them. They have what it takes to make a man, any man, young or old, happy. Why not find one and wile away the hours?
- The fear of parenting – Marrying a fellow youngster has its downside. Most young women have to constantly guard against issues such as monthly periods and or pregnancy risks which women in their sixties or seventies do not bother with. Very few men, given the option would gladly accept to take responsibility for a pregnancy resulting from sleeping around and this seems to replicate itself under similar circumstances.
- Young women lack manners and respect – Think of all the nagging, all the drama, and pestering, think of everything that young men do that put pressure on men of their age. No man wants to be reminded how others are more successful than he is, or how he needs to work harder and earn more when he is already trying hard enough. Young women put a man on his toes all the time and tend to lack manners and or respect for their husbands. Compare this with older women who provide for the man instead of waiting for him to spend and spend even more on them.
- Physical and emotional needs – Who doesn’t need love, who doesn’t need affection, who doesn’t need to have good sex even if it means once a year? Older men seem to forget that older women too have a sexuality of their own, they seem to forget that older women too may need love and affection, and sex too, and that they have physical and emotional needs that require attention. When the same older women feel abandoned, it is only logical to fall for a younger man to supply the missing ingredients.
- Money – We can not rule out the issue of money in such unions. More often than not, younger men who fall for and marry older women are lured by more money than they would hope to get elsewhere as a result of gainful employment. While the economy plummets further everyday, and young men find themselves broke and jobless, the desire to hang around an older woman who has the money but asks ‘nothing else’ in return may drive younger men in search of this greener pasture.
- Nature tends towards destruction – We have been told that opposites attract. The bad boy attracts the good girls and the bad girl attracts all the good men. It is this opposite attraction, it is this attraction to what is unacceptable, it is this tendency to go for what the society abhors that drives young men into the arms of women old enough to be their mothers or grandmothers.