You are here: Home » People » French Magazine Fined for Nude Photos

French Magazine Fined for Nude Photos

One of the headlines from CNN, A magazine from France fined for publishing concerns.

A French magazine has been fined for publishing topless photographs of Britain’s likely future queen, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and ordered to not distribute the magazine in publications or online, a French court ruled Tuesday.

A legal court ordered Closer magazine at hand within the original photos towards the royal line within twenty four hours from the ruling and also to pay them 2,000 euros (about $2,600).

The magazine must pay another 10,000 euros per day if it’s late in handing over the photos.

Plus a French prosecutor opened a preliminary criminal investigation to the incident, the Nanterre prosecutor’s office said Tuesday.

Catherine and her husband, Prince William, the next in line towards the throne, “welcome the injunction that’s been granted. They always believed the law was broken and they were entitled to their privacy,” the palace said.

French law provides for “draconian sanctions” to guard against invasions of privacy, British lawyer Charlotte Harris said, including orders to take magazines off shelves as well as the imposition of serious fines.

Separately, the board of a newspaper that published the topless photos will see Tuesday to think about closing the paper, it said.

The Irish Daily Star published the photos Saturday, and also the meeting employs an editor with the newspaper was suspended pending a study.

The royal line filed a criminal complaint seeking invasion of privacy charges from the French magazine Closer and possibly the photographer, a palace spokeswoman said.

The photos of Catherine sunbathing tend to be more about invasion of privacy rather than nudity, royal biographer Christopher Andersen said.

Prince William and his brother, Prince Harry, still blame the media for that 1997 death of their mother, Princess Diana, in a Paris traffic accident as her driver fled paparazzi, Andersen said. French investigators concluded the driving force from the car Diana was traveling in lost control while he was intoxicated.

The royalty is concerned about similar invasions, particularly if William and Catherine have a child, Andersen said.

In a civil court proceeding Monday in Paris, attorneys for your royals requested damages plus a order from the court to avoid the photos from being published again.

They also want existing photos taken offline, a palace spokesman said.

The court ruled inside their favor on both counts Tuesday.

Lawyer Aurelien Hamelle denounced the published photos in the courtroom Monday, calling them an infringement of privacy, CNN affiliates reported.

“It’s a scene of marriage, intimate, personal, which has absolutely nothing to do on a magazine” Hamelle said.

Chi, an Italian magazine owned through the same company as Closer, put out a particular edition Monday with 26 pages of photos of William and Catherine on holiday.

As editors at Closer did last week, Chi executives defended publishing the photos regardless of the furor from London.

“It is a story worth publishing in a extraordinary edition as it shows in the day light the everyday routine of the very famous contemporary young couple infatuated,” Editor-in-Chief Alfonso Signorini said in the statement.

Chi and Closer are owned by the Mondadori publishing company, that is headed by Marina Berlusconi, daughter of former Italian Chancellor Silvio Berlusconi.

0
Liked it
Powered by Powered by Triond
-->