These are a few quotes which may help us to live our lives happily and wisely.
taken from Robin Sharma’s “Who will Cry when you Die?”
- Discover your calling; bring more of yourself into your work and focus on what you do best
- Maintain your perspective; is there a wiser and more enlightened way to look at the situation?
- Honor your past; every second you dwell on the past, you steal from the future. Every minute you spend focusing on the problems, you take away from finding the solutions. And thinking about all those things that you wish never happened to you is actually blocking all the things you want to happen from entering into your life. Given the timeless truth that holds that you become what you think about all day long, it makes no sense to worry about past events or mistakes unless you want to experience them for a second time. Success is not measured by the position that one have reached in life, but by the obstacles he have overcome while trying to succeed.
- Learn to say no graciously, concentrate on areas of excellence
- Talk to yourself; select your phrase and train yourself to focus on it
- Learn to be silent. To reconnect with who you really are as a person and to come to know the glory that rests within you, you must find time to be silent on a regular basis. Experiencing solitude will keep you centered on your highest life priorities
- See your troubles as blessings
- Live a life; there are no tragedies, only lessons. No problems, only opportunities waiting to be recognized as solutions by the person of wisdom
- See your children as gifts
- Enjoy the path, not just the reward; the real value of setting and achieving goals lies not in the rewards you receive but in the person you become as a result of reaching your goals
- Remember that awareness precedes change; you will never be able to eliminate a weakness you don’t even know about. By paying attention to weakness, you attract solutions into your life
- Develop your talents; too many people spend more time focusing on their weaknesses than developing their strengths
- Find 3 great friends
- Stop complaining and start living
- Increase your value. To get more, you have to be more
- Be unorthodox. Don’t do things because everyone else does them. Do things that are right for you.
- Stop condemning. See the richness of the society from its diversity Take your life into your own hands and you have no one to blame
- You change your life from the second you make a decision from the depths of your heart to be a better, more dedicated human being. The effort to maintain that discipline takes much longer
- Create a daily code of conduct, values, virtues and vows
- Imagine a richer reality. To improve your life, you must first improve your thinking. We see the world, not as it is, but as we are.
- Be humble. You have so much more to learn
- Stop thinking tiny thoughts; Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never ho any higher than you think. It’s not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. It’s not what you are that’s holding you back. It’s what you think you’re not.
- Take more pictures. Record the best times of your life
- Live fully so you can die happy. When all the clutter is stripped away from your life, its true meaning will become clear; to live for something more than yourself. The purpose of life is a life of purpose.