A list of questions you’ll want answers to!
Want your marriage to last? Then here are 15 important questions to ask your prospective spouse. Be sure to know the answers before you walk down the aisle!
- Does the person you are going to marry have the same faith, beliefs, and moral values as you do?
- How do they feel about having and raising children?
- Are they financially responsible?
- Are they good citizens?
- How do they deal with conflict?
- Is this their first marriage?
- Have they had children from a prior relationship?
- How were they raised?
- How close is he or she to their family?
- Do they or have they ever had a drug or alcohol problem?
- Do they have a criminal past?
- Do you trust that person to remain faithful to you?
- Do they have any chronic illnesses?
- Can you communicate openly and honestly with this person on a regular basis?
- Five years down the road, can you look back with zero regrets? One year down the road? Six months?
I compiled this list of questions for myself because I want to have this to refer back to in the future. Just in case someone else comes into my life. Don’t make the same mistake that I made in the past. Take time to know who you are marrying. Ask all of these questions and more. Do not move on until you have the answers that you need. If this has helped you in anyway or you would like to hear my personal story, e-mail me at
email@example.com. In case you are wondering, Kaci and Mia are my daughters’ names.