Is it possible to be single and happy? There are so many myths about being single all over the internet and elsewhere that many tend to think that being single means being lonely, depressed or being a failure. But it is not so. In fact there are a lot of benefits or advantages of being single including cheaper living, freedom from responsibilities, job growth opportunities and lack of stress that come with relationships. Being single may give you more time for hobbies, education and career, travels and relaxation, being with friends and family etc.
Is it possible to be single and happy? There are so many myths about being single all over the internet and elsewhere that many tend to think that being single means being lonely, depressed or being a failure. But it is not so. In fact there are a lot of benefits or advantages of being single including cheaper living, freedom from responsibilities, job growth opportunities and lack of stress that come with relationships. Being single may give you more time for hobbies, education and career, travels and relaxation, being with friends and family etc. Here are 14 reasons why being a Single is better.
- Responsibilities: Relationships demand a certain amount of responsibility to be shouldered. And many young people feel better without it. You can set your own schedule. You have all the independence you need or give explanations about anything.
- More freedom and independence: Singleness brings a degree of freedom. Being single means you have more freedom. You can be more flexible with your time and money. Your time and money is your own and nobody would nag you even if you blow up your entire salary or allowance by shopping in a single day or going to places you want to. You are not answerable to any one. If you want to sit on the couch wearing old T-shirt and shorts or eat popcorn for dinner it is entirely your choice.
- Hobbies and Interests: Mostly your hobbies, likings and interests tend to suffer when you are in a serious relationship.
- Appearance: One can often indulge in a non groomed look if you are not seeing someone on a regular basis. No need to be conscious about sweatpants or prickly leg hair as long as there is no one around to see you.
- Indulgence: No need to worry when you want to indulge yourself in what your heart desires without being conscious someone is watching. You can drink juice right from the container or have a full bowl of ice cream without regrets.
- Low Living Cost: Being single reduces the overall cost of living. You spend less on utilities, food, etc and can save more. You don’t have to worry about expensive gifts to please your boyfriend or girlfriend or expensive meals at restaurant or movie tickets. You can even eat popcorn for dinner and nobody is going to accuse you.
- Education: Education suffers in a major way when you are in a relationship. By being single one can focus on studies and career goals in a better manner without being distracted.
- Going out of City: If you want to move out of the city for Career or Studies it is comparatively easily if you are not in a relationship.
- Career: Careers suffer in a major way too when you are in a relationship. Job growth potential is an advantage in being single. One does not have to worry about boyfriend waiting to take you out, children waiting to be picked up from school or spouse waiting at home or checking on you frequently if you are single.
- Stress: Frequent quarrels and pressures are part of most relationships which brings a considerable amount of stress which can create all types of problems for your health.
- Flirting: You can do whatever you want and whenever you want with no questions asked and without any guilt about doing it either. You can fool around with as many women as you want or ogle at someone on the street.
- Better friendships and Social life: You are not answerable to anyone for your time or likings. You don’t need to please another person or his family. Skip the Gym or Eat popcorn for dinner it is your wish. You do not need to worry about whether your partner approves of your friends. You can meet your friends whenever you want without worrying about someone else’s schedule.
- No Sharing: No sharing of blankets or bear with a snoring partner or his demands. You don’t have to live up to your partners or his families expectations. Moreover, you don’t need to cheer up anyone or pick up socks or underwear that isn’t yours. In short, you do not have to tolerate other persons annoying habits. The only disgusting habits you’ll have to put up with are your own.
- Discovering Yourself: You can have fun and spend time with your friends. You get to meet new people and discover new activities you might not have otherwise tried. You can go out to places that you otherwise couldn’t go to if you are in a relationship. When in relationship one often says or doing things you normally wouldn’t do. Being single allows you to be yourself and develop who you really are. Being single also means that you won’t have to worry about going through relationship breakups or stress.
Well, I guess these 14 reasons or benefits on why being a Single is better is enough to cheer one. So there is no need to feel bad if you are Single and not dating anyone. This is the golden time and you should enjoy it while you can. So till you find the right person to settle down with enjoy your freedom. Ultimately you are only responsible for your own happiness and being in a relationship or not have nothing to do with it.