Long distance relationship can be tricky and needs special efforts to be sustained.
There is no escape when the cupid’s arrow strikes you but when it comes to hearts that are beating across boundaries, there are some serious issues of in depth level of understanding, planning, commitment and time dedication to keep relationship ticking. It is a fact that long distance relationship has a certain level of stigma attached to it that it doesn’t work out but what is important to know is that it can be as satisfying and fulfilling as any other relationship.
Hadise writes a letter (concert Maanrock Mechelen, Belgium) (Photo credit: e³°°°)
Make Long Distance Relationships Work
Your relationship requires the very best from you, here is a list of the tips that couple involved in long distance relationships need to take care of:
· Well Drawn out Parameters: Both of you need to clear it out in the beginning whether you are ready to take the relationship to the next level of commitment, whether you are ready to invest money as well as time to keep the long distance relationship working and whether you are aware of the emotional energy that is required on the part of both the partners to establish the bond. Although all the decisions need not be chalked out in definite terms but both of you should need to be able to articulate one’s view as the relationship progresses.
· Open Lines of Communication: Whenever a meeting, a phone call or an event is up on cards in a long distance relationship; this element of hope works in the better interest of the relationship. This conversation plays a big role in determining whether the relationship is waning or developing with time. Moreover, with applications like Skype and VoxOx available on the internet, you need no longer worry about those long phone bills.
· Involve Yourself In Round Trips: The issue of visiting each other happens to be one of the odds in a long distance relationship. It’s important to chalk out a plan to carry out even-trip exchanges. All you need to do is to make sure that each partner takes a turn in giving surprise visits to the other. This prevents any one from feeling as if they are the ones on the receiving end for they are doing all the travelling stuff.
· Foster Security: Long distance relationships make you feel secure only if one is really clear with the other about his/her future plans, the definite times allotted to talk to each and a mutual understanding to let the other person know whenever the relationship doesn’t seem to be working. All these things create the much required security that is essential to keep a long distance relationship evolving with time.
· Developing a Mind-set of Gratitude: Most of the times, it so happens that long distance relationships are marred when painful feelings of separation overpowers the mind and when the conversation revolves around how difficult it is becoming to manage this. When you think about the manner in which the relationship has enabled you to grow into a better person day by day, you won’t get wallowed into the ditch of loosing your long distance partner for ever.
If you have found your soul mate then cling on to this long distance relationship even if it involves some effort on your part.