The reasons why men marry are as varied as fingerprints. Some are just crazy, others are weird while others as as normal as they can be. Why do men marry? This article offers some reasons why they may but the rest are with you.
Probably you married or will marry some day. Every man has a reason for marriage. These reasons may be as unique as fingerprints but in most cases revolve around the following crazy and not so crazy reasons:
- Love – Not many people marry for that old excuse called love but believe me, there are those who still do but they are rather few.
- Peer pressure – Being the only single among married men can place undue pressure on a man leading him to consider marriage as a better option.
- Children – Believe you me, there are a few men out there who marry for children and will do anything to get them flowing. They will not stop until they have a full house.
- Friendship – Well, some spouses are friends above everything else and even though love damages friendship, friendship is still a reason to get married for some people.
- Companionship – The fear of being alone may drive some men into marriage. Having someone to share their fears and joys may be a reason to go out and search for a wife.
- Work – Domestic work scares many men. Some marry just to have someone to look after their home and everything else becomes an added advantage.
- Money – There are losers out there in search for women with money to marry and if they find one, they will do almost anything and smile all the way to the bank.
- Sex – In spite of my advancing age, I still haven’t come across a man who doesn’t love this. Most men will get married just because of the promise of free regular sex unless they are impotent. When the sex river dries, they feel like running away!
- Fun – There are jokers out there who still think marriage is fun. They get married because they think a honeymoon can last for fifty years. Isn’t it crazy?
- Punching bag – Well, shame on such men, but believe it or not, some men seem to marry so as to get some punching bag they can use everyday for exercising their muscles.
- Everything else – You may have needed someone to share your wealth with, a shoulder to lean on, a colleague, or a pet. I do not know why you married or were married but I guess you can tell me why so that the reasons can reach the 101 promised. Cheer up.