Whether in love or not is something the individual personally would know based on his or her feelings or behavior. I would not exactly call it fallen out of love I would rather say love lost because if we want the feelings of being in love it can be brought back into the relationship.
It is said that if you can fall in love you can fall out of love too. This can happen in any relationship. I have seen this happening even among married couples. One of my friends who married his childhood sweetheart whom he have courted for several years and then married to for 12 years recently got a divorce with her because he had fallen out of love and by continuing the relationship is life is becoming miserable day after day. What does one mean when they say they have fallen out of love? What are the signs which indicate that they have fallen out of love? I am listing some reasons or signs of this situation. Please feel free to add your opinion by way of comments.
Whether in love or not is something the individual personally would know based on his or her feelings or behavior. I would not exactly call it ‘fallen out of love’ I would rather say ‘love lost’ because if we want the feelings of being “in love” it can be brought back into the relationship. If possible take steps to save the marriage or relationship. Here are some indicators or signs of love lost in relationship can be
- Losing interest in the other person is an obvious sign of love lost in relationship. You no longer have that “mushy” feeling for that person inside anymore. You have lost the sparkle in your eyes and feeling of warmth for the other person.
- You are no longer worried about what the other is doing and do no miss them or think of them even if they are gone for a long time. You are not considerate of their feelings as much as you used to be like earlier when you used to put other people things before them. You sort of become indifferent.
- You were once exited to see them and anxiously waited to see them. But now you look for excuses to keep away from them. You are not in a rush to see them anymore. You rather wish they take longer to get home if you are married or in a living relationship. You keep a distance from them and try to meet new people or spend time in the company of your friends.
- Marriage thrives on intimacy and closeness with one another and when love is lost physical or emotional intimacy would be gone too or at least reduced to a considerable extent. You do not enjoy the company of the other person any more. You also withdraw in general with regards to conversation and spending time together as a couple. Some times you may feel depressed or stress out.
- You don’t answer their calls and don’t call them often as earlier or send text messages to them. You look for excuses for not taking call or for cutting the call short.
- There was a time you took delight in showing your love, acceptance and appreciation for your partner by giving gifts. You always remember days important to them but now you just don’t bother or remember. You no longer feel telling your partner that you love him or her.
- You may also say hurtful things or pickup fights for even small things. You easily find fault with your partner and not willing to compromise anymore. You get defensive, selfish and egotistical.
These are only some signs of falling out of love and I am sure there may be many more. Feel free to add more by way of comments.If this person was an unhealthy influence in your life and you feel miserable and you have fallen out of love it may be better to put an end to the relationship. Do whatever you can to feel better about yourself. Make sure you get him or her completely out of your system. Make sure you clear the clutter after breakup so that you can move on with life. After all, Life is too short to be wasted.