Beauty almost always attracts the beast, the good girls find the bad guys while the bad girls win themselves the best men you can think of. Its fatal attraction but it seems to underline the fact that opposites attract more often than not but in the end, after a series of heart breaks, we want people who are just like us. The good girls for the good boys and the bad girls for…no one.
Most good girls normally fall for the worst men you can ever think of. They are taken for a ride, lied upon time and again but will never seem to bother any single bit. Their hearts will be broken into pieces only for an unfortunate good guy out there to come and pick up the pieces.
Why do good girls fall for the beasts on the dating scene, why do they feel that fatal attraction for the bad guys out there? Why do they leave mammy’s good boy stranded and long for the tattooed and often rugged guy that they meet around the corner?
It doesn’t help matters when the good guy patiently waits for years, it doesn’t help matters if he doesn’t drink or smoke and cuts out as responsible as they come, it doesn’t help matters when he behaves in a very mature manner while that spoilt brat makes life difficult for everyone, the bad guy carries the good girls away, and attracts them like moths to a flame until after this fatal attraction, burned, withered, tortured and heart broken, a good guy comes along, to try and mend that broken heart. What are the reasons for this fatal attraction?
- Women love challenges – Most women love the idea of coming into a man’s life and trying to change it for the better, they want to be the ones to complete the job that mammy did not and would rather go for those half baked products than the seemingly finished product that the good guy is. They may hate the fact that they have no role to play in an already successful man’s life and hence the temptation to go for the beast.
- The desire to break out of the prison of goodness – I have said it before and will say it again. After leading that utterly domesticated life full of goodness, good girls feel the need to break out of this boring goodness for something a little bit more thrilling, they want something to un-numb them and it comes in the manner of the bad guy. Remember Lucifer longing for a hell away from heaven.
- Bad guys appear strong enough to protect the good girls – The fact that the bad guy is rugged, rough and tattooed makes him appear stronger than the good boy who has been reading and praying for a better part of his life and therefore appears weak! The desire for physical protection may therefore wrongfully drive unsuspecting good girls into the wrong hands.
- While the good guy works, the bad boy has all the time for partying – The bad guy is never too busy for the good girl. He will be there until the wee hour of the night partying and drinking and dancing the night away while unfortunately the good guy has no time for this fun and more often than not will have to leave the dance floor earlier than expected in order to go to work the following morning. Because the good girl is only breaking away from her shell, the promise of more fun with the bad boy may work for the latter.
- The bad guys cut out as confident – Confidence works with most women and yet it’s often found lacking among most good guys. The bad boy makes for what he lacks by drinking and this improves his confidence and makes him bolder and more out going or simply daring, traits that make him more appealing to the good girl who has been waiting all along for Mr. Right.
- Bad guys are full of surprises and most women just love it – The good boy never has enough surprises in store for his woman and this seems to work against him more often than not. The bad boy out there will never cease to amaze all the girls on the scene. He will never hide the fact that he loves a woman, he will never hesitate to kiss or hold hands in public and probably may never be afraid to flex his muscles when the need arises. Not so for the good guy. He is programmed and often too predictable. You can almost always bet with certainty where he will be at any one given time.
- Bad guys promise excitement between the sheets – Perhaps am wrong on this one but that clean shaven good boy just seems so inexperienced when it comes to making love and most good girls will want to try the excitement offered by the bad boy. Forget that this may only be implicit but it often works only for discovery to be made later.
- Some good girls just suffer from low self esteem – Some good girls may know what they want but suffer from self esteem. The desire for the good guy may be present but his seeming unavailability may drive the good girl into the arms of the bad guy, her next best alternative. Does it make sense? You want that good guy but he seems to be far too good and therefore out of reach, you reach out for the bad guy who is available instead. Right? It’s all because of low self esteem, the fact that the good girl thinks she isn’t good enough for the good guy.
- The bad guy is better at pretending – By talking tough or talking trash, the bad guy pretends to be strong and confident and therefore dependable. He lies without batting an eyelid and his lies appeal to the good girl. These are traits that are beyond the good guy for he aims at presenting his true self at all times and will often express his weakness without bothering to hide anything. If he is poor, his poverty will show but not so for the bad guy. He has the ability to hide his flaws and often with awesome success.
- The bad guy has mastered the art of flirting and flattery, something good boys only read about in books – The bad guy is practical while the good guy is theoretical. Flirting shames the good guy while the bad guy never hesitates to flirt and flatter. Who doesn’t like flattery? Who isn’t attracted to flirts? The bad guy has mastered this and uses it to great effect.
The reasons above are only speculative and should not pass for pure truth.