You might have been asking about this and I know I have since I was young but I never bothered to check it out on the internet, but I just did some research and here’s what I have.
You might have been asking about this and I know I have since I was young but I never bothered to check it out on the Internet, but I just did some research and here’s what I have.
The U.K. is built up of Northern Ireland and Great Britain. The full name is actually ”United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”
So Great Britain has three different regions: Scotland, England and Wales. If England is in Great Britain and Great Britain is in the U.K. and Northern Ireland is in the U.K. then basically Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland make up the U.K.
Facts about the U.K.
- The United Kingdom joined the European Community in 1973, following two unsuccessful applications for membership.
- U.K. is known for it’s services such as banking which is 78% of GDP.
- The country attracts 30 million visitors each year.
- The capital of the U.K. is London.
- The London Bridge fell around 1000 years ago.
- The River Thames has over 200 bridges and 20 tunnels.
- English people drink 20 times more tea than Americans.
- Big Ben is not actually a clock, it’s actually a bell, the Tower is called St. Stephen’s Tower.
Thanks for reading this and I hope you finally found out
This was really short mainly because I didn’t research this enough!
Please leave a comment!