Why do guys who like older women like them? What are the advantages to being with one? Your answers here.
Young women are easy to manipulate, which is cool if you are a somewhat creepy guy looking for somebody to take advantage of. I prefer the ones that have been manipulated before, been played and taken advantage of because they can appreciate honesty. Somebody like me who would rather spend his energy on something other than trying to get a woman to believe a lie is actually a relief. This why women beyond a certain age are more appealing. That said, because they learned what they learned the hard way they tend to come with a certain amount of baggage. This baggage can range from bitter emotional cruelty to the Lorena Bobbitt psycho freak-out baggage. It’s like herpes, there is no way around it you just have to brave the outbreaks and enjoy the rest.
Another good part of the older woman experience is, as many have said before me, the sex. After a woman has been in a marriage for a certain amount of time, or dated for a certain amount of time, and especially after kids, sex loses its sheen. It stops being a moonlight walk on the beach kind of thing and becomes something along the lines of a good foot-rub. Not unromantic, just more functional, less of a prize, than an exercise in mutual satisfaction. It’s not so novel anymore, not so influenced by the movies or TV. The sensual, physical part becomes a greater factor and the fact that you are younger than her gives you an advantage over men in her age-group.
There is also the fact that she is more comfortable with who she is. Women over forty may not be exactly sure of who they are, but they are surer than they were at twenty-five or thirty. This makes you less nervous as you have a better understanding of who they are too. Your conversation is not hamstrung by the uncertainty of what kind of woman you are dealing with. Her confidence will make you more confident.
The drawbacks, for many men, come with the body-type and what most men find physically attractive about a woman. Most guys are attracted to youth and unblemished firmness. Not every woman over forty has the body of a 20-something, and trying to find the few who do is going to drastically limit your pool of potential partners. It helps if you happen to like the way older women look and feel, if you can see the beauty in softer curves, in little imperfections, and if you find that those things are sexier, more welcoming, and more interesting than a shortlived firmness.
by Nick Brice
Steps to overcoming the pain and hurt of a breakup, and how to find happiness again.
As the great philosopher Aristotle once said, “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” You can’t rely on money, material things, or even other people to make yourself happy. In order to be happy during a relationship or after it has ended, you must be happy with yourself. A breakup is just one of the sticky situations in life that we all experience, some more than others.
Breaking Up With the Person You Love
Dealing with heartache and heartbreak is never easy, no matter the circumstances. You may have caught them cheating, and ended it yourself, or maybe one of you just couldn’t deal with the long distance relationship any longer. All you can remember are the memories you had together, and possibly the thoughts of a future you would have shared together. It can be a very painful experience and people have different ways of trying to cope. You may find yourself terribly unhappy and unable to enjoy the things you once loved. Here are some things you can do:
- Let Those Emotions Flow: letting go of a person who you care about can play a huge toll on the emotions. Every song you hear, place you visit, or conversation you have may leave you thinking of them. Grieving is the first step to healing. Keeping bad emotions inside is harmful to the body. It may take days, even months, but once you have dealt with your emotions you will be a happier person.
- Learn to Forgive: if things ended badly, you may be experiencing a lot of hurt and even anger. Reframe from sending hate mail via e-mail, or leaving nasty messages on their answering machine. Not only are you too good for them, but you are too good for that. Stop wasting your time! They don’t deserve your attention for another minute. Forgive them for the things they have done, and you will find it easier to move on to bigger and better things.
- Learn to Forget: It will take time. Time and time again you will hear someone say “you will heal in time.” Chances are you will not believe it at the time, but it is true. Once you learn to focus on the present and all that you have going for you, new wonderful memories will grow.
- Exercise and Eat Healthy: go for a run, join the gym, or attend a yoga class! Exercising gives the body, mind, and soul a natural high. It will leave you feeling refreshed and positive. Plus, you may just catch the eye of the person at the gym beside you!
- Stay Confident: don’t let your self esteem dwindle because someone dumped you. You’re fun, your beautiful, your the perfect match for someone out there! Confidence is key, not only to feeling great about yourself, but attracting future love interests for when you ready to join back in the game.
- Do Something Special For Yourself: after a painful experience you should treat yourself. After all, you deserve it. Go get that manicure you’ve been wanting, or that CD you’ve been dying to listen to. Do the things you enjoy most.
- Keep A Journal or Diary: write about the things that make you happy. Putting emphasis on the good things in life will boast your positive thoughts and feelings. Record the things you are grateful for. Are you appreciating all the beautiful things life has to offer?
- Go Out With Your Friends: chances are, you did not spend a tonne of time with your friends while you were in your relationship. Go out with your friends. If you’re feeling really down, talk about it with them, even ask them for advice. Just have fun! By the end of the night you will hopefully remember how great it is to be single.
- Get Back On the Road to Happiness: Remember, “happiness depends upon yourself.” You don’t need a boyfriend or girlfriend to be happy. There are plenty of things to be grateful for in life. Spend extra time with friends and family — the people who make you happy!