Image via Wikipedia
Generally Trade Union Is An Organization Of Workers. It Is A Formed With A View To Improve The Condition Of Workers In The Organization And In Society. And Also For Collective Bargaining With Management. A Trade Union Bridges The Relationship Between Workers And Workers And Also Between Workers And Employers.
AS HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID, TRADE UNION IS AN ORGANIZATION OF WORKERS. THE OBJECTIVES OF TRADE UNIONS ALL OVER THE GLOBE ARE THE SAME. BUT THE NATURE OF TRADE UNION VARIES FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY BECAUSE THE PHILOSOPHY, MENTALITY, POLITICAL, SITUATION, IDEOLOGY OF TRADE UNION LEADERS AND WORKERS ETC. VARY WIDELY, IN THAT SENSE, THE NATURE OF TRADE UNIONS OF BANGLADESH IS ALSO UNIQUE WITH THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
1. Trade unions are subdivided into different parts. Their internal collision forbids them to unite and be stronger.
2. The trade unions of Bangladesh are highly politicized. They are subordinated to different political parties.
3. Trade unions in Bangladesh are structurally very weak.
4. Trade unions take part in different job related movements as well as political movements not related to their jobs.
5. The leaders of trade unions are very much concerned about their own selfish interests rather than the interests of their followers.
6. Our trade unions are financially and structurally very weak to face th united strength of their employers.
7. The leaders of trade unions are autocratic in their behavior. Hardly have they wanted to listen to the genuine grievances of workers.
8. There is a dearth of knowledgeable union leaders. Lack of proper knowledge about labour laws makes the leaders ineffective to safeguard the interests of workers vis –a –vis employers.
SO, THE GENERAL WORKERS HAVE LITTLE FAITH IN THE INTEGRITY OF TRADE UNION LEADERS.